Consulting Associate / Senior Associate
Are you a tax or audit associate (or senior) looking for a career change? We offer a great opportunity to leverage your CPA firm experience and remain a client-facing practice professional. But no time sheets, and no crazy hours. You can even start with us after busy season.
About the Role
Our growing boutique management consulting firm (we consult to small to mid-sized CPA firms) seeks a full-time Consulting Associate or Senior Associate who has two or more years of experience working at a CPA firm.
This position is full-time (~32-40 hours/week) and mostly remote, with travel required in North America for team meetings and client work, estimated to be 20%-40% of your time.
- Open Communication
- Exceptional Service & Value
- Positive Attitude
We do our best to live and honor these values throughout our work (internally and externally) and are seeking a candidate that resonates with these and demonstrates a similar value-set.
The Consulting Associate/Senior Associate will work in conjunction with our team of Consultants and perform the following duties:
- Attend virtual and in-person client and internal meetings, take notes, determine follow-up action items and manage them to completion.
- Draft reports from client meetings for internal review.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings with clients.
- Draft proposals.
- Create internal client action items lists and assign owners and due dates.
- Update template documents that we use for client projects and reports.
- Correspond with clients on project timelines, deliverables, outstanding items, etc.
- Communicate with internal team members on project statuses, what’s needed to complete. Keep our consultants focused on their highest value add to client projects.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Organize file and maintain digital file structure. Recommend improvements to make things easier to find and use.
- Maintain client and prospect databases for contact information and project tasks.
- Format client deliverables to be polished and in line with branding guidelines.
- Additional duties as they arise based on company need, your skill set and availability.
Skills and Qualifications
- Two or more years of experience working in at a CPA firm.
- Proficient or advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
- Interested in creating draft written reports based on our templates and the notes you take in client meetings. This will be a large portion of your work (maybe 40%-50%). We'll teach you what you need to know on the subject matter!
- Knowledge of the following other applications we use is also helpful but not required (we will teach you): Calendly, Monday, PandaDoc, Adobe Acrobat.
- Balances independent work with working with a great team of professionals.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing), lives and eligible to work in the 48 contiguous US states.
Compensation range: $60,000 - $70,000 for 40 hours/week plus a performance bonus
Sound like a great fit for you?
Compensation range: $60,000 - $70,000 for 40 hours/week plus a performance bonus.
Sound like a great fit for you? We are taking applications via our LinkedIn job post.
Professional and Interpersonal Requirements
- Enjoyable to work with
- You’re known for being pleasant, positive and someone other people like to spend time with.
- Strong professionalism and project management skills
- Punctual (you’re on time to every meeting)
- Proactive (you don’t need to be told what to do often, you can understand (or clarify) what needs to be done in any situation and are the one to make a note of it, seek a deadline and deliver)
- Detail-oriented (you self-review all internal and external deliverables to turn in a work product that’s regularly error-free)
- Emotionally intelligent (you know how to acknowledge and manage your own emotions, how to read your audience and respond accordingly)
- Skillful communication (your default written correspondence is clear, concise, professional and warm).
- Willing to help
- In our small business, there are many administrative functions that are taken care of by all of our professionals. Someone has to empty the dishwasher and we don’t have a full-time janitor. Just kidding about the dishwasher – we don’t have one right now. But your willingness to pick up the odd jobs is an important part of this role.
Location & Hours
- This is a remote position, you can work from home – or anywhere that you can get the work done.
- Travel: We’re based out of Grand Rapids, Michigan and this role will require travel to support client events across North America (20%-40% of your time, mostly 2-4 days per event. More if you are interested).
- Work Hours: Our team spans the US, though we tend to work earlier rather than later. About 70%-80% of your hours would need to be between 8 am – 5 pm ET Mon - Fri.
- Flexibility: if you need specific flexibility for an existing or upcoming commitment, let's talk about it and we may be able to accommodate.
- Flexible PTO - take what you need when you need it, approximately 3 - 4 weeks per year expected.
- 8 paid fixed holidays plus 2 floating holidays of your choice.
- 401(k) 3% contribution, no match required.
- QSHERA health care reimbursement $487 per month. Can be used for health care premiums OR any other eligible health care expense (e.g. copays, prescriptions, etc.)