How to Bring in New Partners: A Guide for Firms and Future Partners
“Your expertise and guidance was invaluable, and I am confident that we would not have been able to achieve the successful progress we made without your help. I was particularly impressed with your ability to keep us on track and explain some unfamiliar concepts to us. The insights and recommendations were spot-on and helped us to identify some key challenges. I highly recommend your services to anyone who is looking for professional and reliable consulting. Thank you again for your outstanding work.”
David P. Brown, CPA, CGMA
Brown Hiers Kinder LLC
As partners approach retirement age, they naturally focus on who can take their place and eventually write their retirement checks. Prospective new partners often have a lot of questions about what becoming a partner entails. Many firms either aren’t sure how to bring in new partners or have outdated approaches for doing so. This book answers the fundamental questions: What are the best practices for bringing in new partners? How is the buy-in structured? How is ownership handled? What are the expectations of a CPA firm partner?
It offers expert advice on:
- How do firms develop staff into partners and when are they ready?
- Should we have non-equity partners?
- What is the process for bringing in a new partner?
- How do new partners get compensated?
- What should the buy-in amount be?
We are now offering a proprietary toolkit that includes a dozen key documents your firm can use including one-page discussion documents (PDF) and editable Word files of key resources from the book. The toolkit is available as a $90 add-on to your book purchase and offers:
High-Impact One-Page PDFs for sharing with your partner group
- Bringing in a New Partner: Thresholds and Core Competencies
- Basic Role and Expectations of Partners
- What Partners Are and Are Not Entitled To
Editable Resources – Word documents to save you time typing up these useful pages
- The New Partner’s Job Description
- Path to Partner Milestones Checklist
- Partner Evaluation and Impact Form
To order, choose a Toolkit option when adding to your cart.
LINKS TO DOWNLOAD PDFS APPEAR ON ORDER CONFIRMATION SCREEN