“I find these writings extremely useful in my role as managing partner. I attend many PM seminars, read a lot of books on professional services and listen to a lot of the top CPA firm consultants. The content in your books brings together in one place the best practices preached by all of these experts.”
Charles Postal, CPA
Santos Postal & Co.
Strategic Planning and Goal Setting for Results
This monograph is essentially a “Cliffs Notes” guide to strategic planning and partner goal setting for CPA firms. It’s patterned after Marc’s proprietary approach to consulting with CPA firms on strategic planning and goal setting, as he has developed it over the last 20 years. Marc’s approach has two major goals: Think BIG and keep it simple, and, GET RESULTS.
- The three main phases of strategic planning
- Overall management philosophy of a CPA firm
- Steps to creating the strategic plan
- Why mission statements are a waste of time
- The vision statement
- Stimulating productive brainstorming sessions
- Best practices for goal setting programs
- Core values
- Sample partner goals
- Keys to implementing & pitfalls of strategic planning
- Partner accountability