What Really Makes CPA Firms Profitable?, Second Edition
“We have purchased a number of Marc’s books and I like them because they are concise, have ready points that can be implemented and are focused to the task at hand – CPA firm profitability, retreat planning, succession planning. They are a great resource for the CPA firm owner or manager.”
Chip Helme, Managing Principal, CPA, CGMA
Thompson, Greenspon & Co.
NEW expanded second edition!
Based on experiences with more than 1,000 CPA firms across the country, this updated, greatly expanded book summarizes 40 high-impact techniques to maximize profitability. A Bonus: Recent benchmarks from the Rosenberg Practice Management Survey, an indispensable reference that firms use to increase their profitability.
The following have been ADDED to our newest edition:
- Debunking over-reliance on partner income as percent of revenue as a measure of profitability.
- How a firm’s culture affects profitability in a big way.
- How adopting best practices for managing staff has a huge impact on profitability.
- Pricing practices that add more dollars to your bottom line and streamline your client list.
- Increasing profitability with mergers. Why hundreds firms acquire several firms every year.
- How the selection of the firm’s partner compensation system impacts profitability in ways that few realize.
- Expanded list of the 25 all-time best practices for CPA firms.
- What doesn’t increase profitability.
Other topics include:
- The essence of CPA firm profitability
- Accountability and acting like a partner
- CPA firm benchmarking
- Marketing and the bottom line
- Strong management and leadership: The most reliable path to profitability
- Other ways to improve profitability
- 25 best practices that move firms from good to great
- What doesn’t seem to be important to firm profitability
- Partner relations: Happy partners are productive partners
- 40 great ways to improve CPA firm profitability
We are offering a proprietary toolkit that includes a dozen key documents from the book your firm can use. The toolkit comes in printable PDFs to make it easy for you to use immediately. The toolkit is available as a $90 add-on to your book purchase and includes:
High-Impact One-Page PDFs for sharing with your partner group:
- The 10 Biggest Mistakes in Benchmarking
- Sample Letter for Increasing Fees
- Value Positioning: Questions to Ask
- Top 50 Profitability Tactics
- Key Statistics and Ratios: By Geographic Region, Annual Fees, Size of Market, etc.
LINKS TO DOWNLOAD PDFS APPEAR ON ORDER CONFIRMATION SCREEN