CPA Firm Mergers
Mergers and acquisitions of CPA firms are events that rarely take place more than once in a lifetime for the involved parties. We deal with several such mergers every year; every one of our merger and acquisition clients benefits from these experiences, because:
- We are experts in the valuation of practices; we help you decide what a reasonable price is.
- We help you identify the characteristics of the firm you want as a buyer, seller or merger candidate.
- We know what questions need to be asked and make sure that they get asked.
- We know the types of issues that have led to mergers not working out.
- We know which firms will fit together and which will not.
- We function in the role of facilitator, frequently engaging in a form of “shuttle diplomacy” to help the buyer or the seller get past difficult hurdles in the negotiations.
We are particularly effective for mergers and acquisitions in the Chicago area. No one knows more CPA firms and CPA firm managing partners in Chicago than Marc Rosenberg. This enables Marc to quickly identify viable candidates to merge, buy or sell, thereby avoiding huge blocks of wasted time.
New Second Edition! The merger market is in frenzy, yet few firms have experience with mergers. Our step-by-step guide provides the keys to implementing successful mergers: assessing cultural fit, critical negotiating terms, pricing strategies, due diligence and legal issues.Learn More
“Initially we shared How CPA Firms Work with our Director and Management Groups, but found it so useful we have given it to all our staff and are now incorporating it for new staff while onboarding.”
Thomas Head & Greisen, PC