Partner Buy-Out Plans
Firms use a wide variety of plans to buy out retired partners. But are the plans effective? Are the partners happy with the plan?
We do extensive work with firms in the partner retirement area. Our approach is a blend of two techniques:
First, we show you alternative approaches, based upon our experience with other firms as well as what we think will work for your firm.
Second, we help the partner group develop a consensus for the type of plan they think is fair and would be comfortable with.
Here is how we work:
- We review your firm’s financial and production statistics.
- We conduct confidential interviews with each partner.
- We walk you through roughly 30 main provisions that need to be addressed.
- We demonstrate partner buyout systems employed by other firms.
- We facilitate a meeting of the partners to finalize the plan.
- We conclude with a written report.
“I can't praise enough the book that Marc has written on Partner Retirement/Buyout Plans. It was the best work within this area that I have ever read and it should be mandatory reading for every owner - and future owner - of a CPA firm.”
Allan Koltin, CPA, CGMA, CEO
Koltin Consulting Group