The #1 issue at CPA firms today is succession planning. Baby Boomer partners are getting close to retirement, but there is a shortage of partner-potentials at firms.
We have extensive experience in the following aspects of succession planning:
- What exit strategy should we pursue: passing the firm down to younger partners, merger or sale?
- If a merger or a sale makes the most sense, how should this be implemented?
- When do the partners plan to retire?
- Are the firm’s younger partners willing and able to buy out the older partners?
- How can we develop our staff into partner material?
- How should we structure our partner buy-out plan?
- What are the criteria for making partner?
- How to bring in new partners (ownership, buy-in, compensation, etc.)
Rosenberg’s book on bringing in new partners was great. I will share it with some of my partners. I think it will be a good tool in helping to educate some of the up and coming managers on what we are looking for in future partners.
Al Kutchins, Partner
Kutchins, Robbins & Diamond, Ltd.