The #1 issue at CPA firms today is succession planning. Baby Boomer partners are getting close to retirement, but there is a shortage of partner-potentials at firms.
We have extensive experience in the following aspects of succession planning:
- What exit strategy should we pursue: passing the firm down to younger partners, merger or sale?
- If a merger or a sale makes the most sense, how should this be implemented?
- When do the partners plan to retire?
- Are the firm’s younger partners willing and able to buy out the older partners?
- How can we develop our staff into partner material?
- How should we structure our partner buy-out plan?
- What are the criteria for making partner?
- How to bring in new partners (ownership, buy-in, compensation, etc.)
Marc’s series provides detailed and thought provoking insights into a myriad of the most important management issues facing partners in today’s accounting firms. The checklists and forms alone will save you thousands of dollars. Why recreate the wheel?