Success Stories of a Top 10 Most Recommended Consulting Firm
Last month, Rosenberg Associates was named one of INSIDE Public Accounting’s Most Recommended Consulting Companies. This achievement was made possible by an incredible group of clients that gave us the opportunity to help propel their firms to growth, clarity, and next-level goals.
To highlight a few examples, here are five success stories we were grateful to be a part of:
- Helped a six-partner firm, long reluctant to increase prices beyond a few percent per year, review their client list and begin charging for the value they provide. They also began disengaging with clients that were at 40%–50% realization or otherwise not a good fit for their firm.
- Worked with a sole practitioner concerned about the loss of control and income when bringing in his first new partner. We helped him understand how to design a compensation system that would fairly (and generously) reward the incoming partner and how to structure a partner agreement that allowed the founder to remain in control of key decisions like selling the firm.
- Advised a highly profitable firm (average income per partner of $1.2M) on creating a succession plan to buy out the founder, develop additional new partners, improve realization (there was room to be even more profitable) and continue providing exceptional client service.
- Facilitated a partner retreat that was billed as “one of the most effective retreats our firm has had in the last thirty years.”
- Created a transparent system for non-equity partner compensation with an eye towards developing several individuals into the role, described by the founder as “a huge hit, instrumental in managing staff expectations and removing the mystery of advancement.”
Our book, Strategic Planning and Goal Setting for Results is an essential guide to strategic planning and partner goal-setting for CPA firms. Our approach is to think big, keep it simple, and get results. It addresses ►the three main phases of strategic planning ►overall management philosophy of a CPA firm ►steps to creating the strategic plan ►the all-important vision statement ►stimulating productive brainstorming sessions ►best practices for goal-setting programs ►core values ►keys to implementation ►pitfalls of strategic planning ►why strategic planning will fail without partner accountability and other issues.
We are grateful to all our clients who made this award possible and look forward to continuing to serve independent small to mid-sized public accounting firms with expertise and passion.
Kudos to our amazing team – Marc Rosenberg, CPA; Kristen Rampe, CPA; Matt Rampe, ASA, PCC; Amanda Lilley, CPA, SHRM-CP, PHR; Bethany Bucklew; and Lance Mason, CPA – who share a commitment to helping accounting firms and their professionals reach their full potential.
If you’d like to be one of our success stories next year, we’d love to hear from you.